50 Countries, Including China, Label Their GMO’s – Why Not Us?
Despite polls that indicate Americans overwhelmingly want GMO foods labeled, the USDA continues to allow their production and sale without labeling or adequate testing. On November 6th, 2012, Californians will have the chance to vote YES, on CA Proposition 37 ‘Our Right to Know-Label GMO’s’.
Come find out what is happening with GMOs and why we should be concerned! An outstanding panel of experts on GMO technologies will discuss how recombinant DNA are affecting our health & environment, and what we can do politically.
Cost: Recommended $10-$20 Donation at the door.
6:30 pm- Meet & Greet- Interactive tables with speakers and local community groups
7:30 pm- Panel discussion followed by music from acclaimed singer Maria Muldaur
- Claire Cummings, Environmental Lawyer and author of “Uncertain Peril”
- Jeffrey Smith, author of “Seeds of Deception” & “Genetic Roulette”
- Pamm Larry, Leader of the California GMO Labeling Initiative
- Maria Muldaur, renowned singer/performer
- Moderator, Robin Carpenter, KWMR Radio Talk-show Host
For more information, contact (415) 454-9898.