Do you have knowledge, skills, or abilities to share? Sustainable Fairfax runs on volunteer power! Our volunteers dig in, have fun, meet great people in our community, and make a difference in Fairfax and beyond. There are a lot of different ways that you can get involved! Please contact us with questions or to jump right in!
1. Volunteer at organizational level to help get critical stuff done
- Join the Sustainable Fairfax Board!
- Website Support. Both design and content support are always needed.
- Communications and Social Media Support. In today’s world where hip and snappy communications are critical in making connections, we’re always looking for creative people.
- Graphic Designer Support. Magicians welcome.
- Bookkeeping Support. A small but important task!
- Volunteer Coordinator. We hum on volunteers and we need help finding and nurturing them!
2. Join a HUB COMMITTEE
Be part of a team promoting and educating about these important initiatives:
3. Join an EVENT COMMITTEE or pitch in the day of the event!
- Streets for People
- Sustainable Fairfax Benefit
- Craft Faire
- Fairfax Festival and Eco Fest
- Farmers’ Markets
- Fairfax on Foot Hikes
- Slow Riders (bike commuting)
4.Become an Intern
Interns dive deep into one of our programs from helping us with follow-up and outreach to getting us organized. We have both ongoing and one-time opportunities available throughout the year.
If you are passionate about making life in Fairfax more sustainable, please email email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!