VOLUNTEER – There are LOTS of Ways to get Involved
Do you have knowledge, skills, or abilities to share? Sustainable Fairfax runs on volunteer power! Our volunteers dig in, have fun, meet great people in our community, and make a difference in Fairfax and beyond. Please contact us with questions or to jump right in!
1. Volunteer at organizational level to help get critical stuff done
- Join the Sustainable Fairfax Board!
- Website Support. Both design and content support are always needed.
- Communications and Social Media Support. In today’s world where hip and snappy communications are critical in making connections, we’re always looking for creative people.
- Graphic Designer Support. Magicians welcome.
- Bookkeeping Support. A small but important task!
- Volunteer Coordinator. We hum on volunteers and we need help finding and nurturing them!
2. Join a HUB COMMITTEE
Be part of a team promoting and educating about these important initiatives:
3. Join an EVENT COMMITTEE or pitch in the day of the event!
- Streets for People
- Sustainable Fairfax Benefit
- Craft Faire
- Fairfax Festival and Eco Fest
- Farmers’ Markets
- Fairfax on Foot Hikes
- Slow Riders (bike commuting)
4.Become an Intern
Interns dive deep into one of our programs from helping us with follow-up and outreach to getting us organized. We have both ongoing and one-time opportunities available throughout the year.