Want to know more about greywater reuse? Greywater Action has an informative evening slideshow presentation: “Drought-Proof Your Landscape with Greywater.” Learn about common types of systems, advantages and limitation of different systems, what soaps and products are plant-friendly, water saving potential, costs, and about codes and regulations. Discover what types of greywater systems may be best for your home.
- (Bay Area) March 6th, 7pm at the Ecology Center in 2530 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley CA 94702. More info here.
- Cost is sliding scale $5 – $15. No one turned away for lack of funds.
- RSVP to email@example.com
Ready to design or install a system at your house?
Attend a Greywater Design and Installation workshop. Go through the design process for a “laundry to landscape” (L2L) greywatersystem, which is the most popular, simple, and easiest-to-install residential system, and it doesn’t require a permit (so long as basic guidelines are followed). Whether you install the system yourself, or you hire someone to assist you, this workshop will prepare you for the experience. You’ll put together a “mock-up” of a real system, as well as get individual advice from experienced instructors about your site. You’ll leave with a system design and materials list to construct your own L2L system. Note: You must have a flat or downwards sloping yard to irrigate with this type of system.
- (Bay Area) February 16th Oakland. (This workshop will also include a tour of a gravity-based “branched drain” system from a sink.).
- (Bay Area) March 22nd, Richmond, CA. (This workshop will be located at an irrigation store where you can purchasegreywater system components after the class if you feel ready.)