- This event has passed.
NO Waste Living JUST EAT IT Documentary: What We Learned
November 11, 2020 @ 12:00 am - 12:30 am
NO Waste November Film – JUST EAT IT
Sorry you missed it. But look it up to learn more about food waste. Described as spunky, startling, funny, shocking and fascinating!!! This online screening of the documentary explores the HUGE problem of wasted food — and how you can do your part to reduce food waste.
- Over 1/3 of all food produced globally goes to waste.
- The annual value of food wasted globally is $1 trillion, and it weighs 1.3 billion tons.
- All the world’s nearly one billion hungry people could be fed on less than a quarter of the food that is wasted in the US, UK and Europe.
- An area larger than China is used to grow food that is never eaten.
- 25% of the world’s fresh water supply is used to grow food that is never eaten.
- If food waste were a country it would be the 3rd largest emitter of greenhouse gases (after China & the USA).
- Reducing food waste is the #1 solution to the climate crisis, according to Project DrawDown – coming above electric cars, solar power and plant-based diets.
- In most developed countries, over half of all food waste takes place in the home.
- In the home food waste is worth $2,275 for the average family in the USA.
- 2.3 billion people are joining the planet by 2050 – this will require a 60-70% increase in global food production. Or we can just stop throwing away our food
What you can do! Take the pledge and Let’s Live Consciously, Together!